- Providing “backtrackers,” like Sayyid al-Sharif, a platform to spread their message.
- Fabricating and exaggerating al-Qaeda’s missteps.
- Supporting anti-Qaeda fatwas.
- Encouraging new moderate voices in regional Muslim populations
- Publishing degrading jihadi symbols, such as mocking images of jihadi leaders.
- Promoting distinctions and divisions between different branches of Salafism.
Are these viable tactics? Are we engaging the enemy at this level? Join us for a full-day’s discussion with some of today’s leading experts on the jihadist movements and the ideological battle. For full details click here.